Enough About Me ...

Bloggin' Schmoggin'

Saturday, September 17, 2005

 

Keepin' It Fresh

I just needed a place to put my bread. I had no idea that the damn thing kept it fresh! I'm very fond of Essential Baking's Mille Grane. However, it's one of those yuppie bread in a bag deals, so if you're not aggressive about getting through the loaf ( a good tin of salmon is a big help ) it's a doorstop in 24 hours. UNTIL I found the solution to my bread storage need. A $19.99 target special. I used to love Target, then I hated it, now I go there when I'm feeling the need to buy diapers for cheap ( I don't do Costco…I guess that's another blog ). Last time I walked into Target, I saw a future landfill. It's like crack for shoppaholics. I'm not trying to dis target shoppers, some of my best friends shop at target. I'm trying to appreciate things that last longer than the first wash. ANYWAY, the breadbox is a dream come true. I've tried transferring the bread from paper to plastic for enjoyment the day after. It's just not the same as the breadbox. It becomes all soft and crustless. Asks for a glass of water then gives me the repelling pelvis hug with two pats and doesn't call. Stick it in a breadbox over night, it's almost the same loaf of bread, just a little uglier.

Things I Own That Are Bigger Than My Breadbox That Will Probably Hit A Landfill Near You
This stupid beanbag dog I bought for my daughter thinking she'd actually use it like the happy children on the label
A cheap carpet my cats shit on every night in the basement
A Sponge Bob toilet seat converter for smaller bottoms
A pile of Isaac Mizrahi tanks tops that shrank on cold

Comments:
Hey, that beanbag dog is great at Keeping Otto away from the dvd player. He hasn't mastered his doganeering skillz yet.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]