Enough About Me ...

Bloggin' Schmoggin'

Thursday, September 22, 2005

 

You ugly, though I love you so

For many years I've been teased by many people about not knowing the lyrics to songs. I don't understand what the big deal is. I'm a dancer (note: if you're thinking dancer of the stripper kind, then you probably wear a blue tooth headset 24/7 to keep your hands free while you adjust your balls. You suck.) so I enjoy music melodically not literally. I do not see the issue at hand. In fact, I do know the lyrics to some songs.
Na-na na-na NA, Ca-rack that whip! Na-na na-na NA, Get her in the slip (okay so maybe not that line, but check me now) Na-na na-na NA, step on a ca-rack! Na-na na-na NA, ba-reak yo mama's back!
That was completely from memory, no search engine that rhymes with moogle involved. Maybe if artists were as clear as Devo, I would be able to access it.

Comments:
The problem with this behaviour is that when I sing "i'ts fun to stay at the YMCA" my daughter tells me that the words are wrong and that it really goes "na na na na na na na YMCA" since that's what her Mum sings.

Now as Lucy is learning the lyrics to Manic Street Preachers' song "PCP" she has to deal with Jean's geek version of the lyrics, "TCP".
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]